Matthew Turner is ‘Turndog‘, an Author, Brand Storyteller & Speaker who spends each day Discovering, Creating & Sharing Inspiring Stories. He keeps busy with lots of storytelling goodness, but at the minute he’s writing THE SUCCESSFUL MISTAKE: a book about overcoming your #GreatMistake and transforming it into your best idea yet.
Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the following:
- The art of storytelling in marketing
- Is it possible for a brand to be a good storyteller?
- What are some of the most important lessons you can learn by interviewing over 150 entrepreneurs?
- How do you implement storytelling into your digital marketing mix?
- The importance of making a brand personable
- Defining your brand story
- Sharing your story with the right people – defining your key audience
- Should you use 3rd person on your about page?
- What are some of the biggest mistakes that successful entrepreneurs have made?
- How interviewing people can assist with your own development
The Successful Mistake Interviewee Video
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact the success of your business?
Contactually [CRM software]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Lead Pages [Email marketing & conversion rates]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Value the relationships. Don’t just wish that you knew people – go out there and do something.