Brent Dykes is the Evangelist for Analytics at Adobe and is responsible for guiding and evangelizing the vision of Adobe’s analytics solutions. He is also the author of two books: Web Analytics Action Hero and Web Analytics Kick Start Guide (Limited time, download this book for free here).
Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the following:
- What does it take to become a web analytics action hero?
- How do you prioritise your analytics efforts?
- And how do you improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your online analysis?
- What’s more important when employing someone to work in analytics – maths or marketing?
- Should everyone in the marketing team be involved with analytics?
- Is it best to employ a specialist agency for analytics, or someone to work directly for you?
- What are the most important areas to be looking at initially from a priority perspective?
- Understanding what we want our customers to do
- The importance of building a conversion funnel
- Can you get your visitors to come back to your site and convert again?
- What Brent includes in his ‘Web Analytics Action Hero’ book and why
- How to become a data driven marketing team
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Adobe Analytics [Website analytics tool]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Adobe Target [Testing / targeting software]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
You need to trust the data. Understand what you’re trying to do online, and then get the right metrics in place to evaluate those business goals that you have.