Stewart Rogers analyzes the marketing technology sector and writes studies for VB Insight, including the State of Marketing Technology report. He also breaks martech news for VentureBeat. You can find him over at insight.venturebeat.com.
Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss how to increase conversion rates, with topics including:
- What’s had the biggest impact on conversion rate improvement over the past 12 months?
- Should you be producing content based upon your target audience, or your own personality?
- How much information should you be looking for when you ask people to opt-in to your email list?
- How is big data impacting email marketing?
- How is personalization impacting conversion rate optimization?
- How so different generations use social media?
- What doesn’t work so well that used to work well a few years ago?
- What are some of the biggest mistakes that you see companies making at the moment?
- Can you give us a few examples of companies that are doing particularly well when it comes to conversion rate optimization?
- What do you think will be some of the biggest conversion rate optimization opportunities over the coming 12 months?
- What conversion rate improving marketing technology is catching your eye at the moment?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
HotJar – [Visitor recordings & heatmaps]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Conversion rate optimization is effectively free money. Start doing it.